By Gilbert Harman,Ernest Lepore
This significant other brings jointly a group of top figures in modern philosophy to supply an in-depth exposition and research of Quine’s vast impact throughout philosophy’s many subfields, highlighting the breadth of his paintings, and revealing his endured value today.
- Provides an in-depth account and research of W.V.O. Quine’s contribution to American Philosophy, and his place as one of many overdue twentieth-century’s such a lot influential analytic philosophers
- Brings jointly newly-commissioned essays through major figures inside modern philosophy
- Covers Quine’s paintings throughout philosophy of common sense, philosophy of language, ontology and metaphysics, epistemology, and more
- Explores his paintings relating to the origins of analytic philosophy in the US, and to the heritage of philosophy extra broadly
- Highlights the breadth of Quine’s paintings around the self-discipline, and demonstrates the continued effect of his paintings in the philosophical community
Read Online or Download A Companion to W. V. O. Quine (Blackwell Companions to Philosophy) PDF
Similar philosophical movements books
Existentialism, as a philosophy, received prominence after global conflict II. rather than focusing upon a specific point of human lifestyles, existentialists argued that our concentration needs to be upon the complete being as he/she exists on this planet. Rebelling opposed to the rationalism of such philosophers as Descartes and Hegel, existentialists reject the emphasis put on guy as basically a considering being.
This e-book is the 1st quantity to assemble the main well-known students who paintings on Slavoj i ek's philosophy, reading and interrogating his knowing of dialectical materialism. It merits to be completely and systematically elaborated since it makes an attempt to suggest a brand new origin for dialectical materialism.
This quantity explains how superstar Trek permits audience to appreciate major facets of Georg Hegel’s thought absolutely the, the driver in the back of heritage. Gonzalez, with wit and knowledge, explains how celebrity Trek shows significant components of absolutely the. He describes how topics and ethos significant to the express demonstrate the idea that superbly.
The publication files the author’s own and highbrow maturation over a interval of 9 a long time. This maturation was once by no means merely self-propelled, yet regularly happened according to teachings and reports. positioned as a “being-in-the-world”, the author’s reviews succeed in from global struggle II through the chilly warfare to fresh “terror wars.
Additional info for A Companion to W. V. O. Quine (Blackwell Companions to Philosophy)
A Companion to W. V. O. Quine (Blackwell Companions to Philosophy) by Gilbert Harman,Ernest Lepore