By Diane Long Hoeveler,Deborah Denenholz Morse
A better half to the Brontës brings the most recent literary study and idea to endure at the lifestyles, paintings, and legacy of the Brontë family.
- Includes sections on literary and important contexts, person texts, old and cultural contexts, reception reports, and the family’s carrying on with influence
- Features in-depth articles written by way of famous and rising students from round the world
- Addresses subject matters equivalent to the Gothic culture, movie and dramatic edition, psychoanalytic ways, the impression of faith, and political and criminal questions of the day – from divorce and feminine disinheritance, to employee reform
- Incorporates fresh paintings in Marxist, feminist, post-colonial, and race and gender studies
Read Online or Download A Companion to the Brontes (Blackwell Companions to Literature and Culture) PDF
Similar literary criticism & theory books
Considering Allegory differently is a distinct choice of essays through allegory experts and different students who have interaction allegory in fascinating new methods. The individuals comprise Jody Enders, Karen Feldman, Angus Fletcher, Blair Hoxby, Brenda Machosky, Catherine Gimelli Martin, Stephen Orgel, Maureen Quilligan, James Paxson, Daniel Selcer, Gordon Teskey, and Richard Wittman.
First released in 2001. Routledge is an imprint of Taylor & Francis, an informa company.
Antigone's Daughters? presents the 1st targeted dialogue in English of six recognized Portuguese girls writers, operating throughout quite a lot of genres: Florbela Espanca (1894-1930), Irene Lisboa (1892-1958), Agustina Bessa Lu's, (1923- ), Nat_lia Correia (1923-93), HZlia Correia (1949 -) and L'dia Jorge (1946 - ).
Merging chosen methods to Comparative North American reviews with precise textual analyses, this e-book reviews works of writers as various as Ernest Hemingway, Joyce Carol Oates, Tim O'Brien, and Margaret Atwood. subject matters comprise comparative ways to the North American modernist brief tale, narratives of the Canada-US border, and North American stories of Atwood's novels.
- A Question of Tradition: Women Poets in Yiddish, 1586-1987 (Stanford Studies in Jewish History and Culture)
- Nineteenth-Century American Women Write Religion: Lived Theologies and Literature
- New World Poetics: Nature and the Adamic Imagination of Whitman, Neruda, and Walcott: Nature and the Adamic Imagination of Whitman, Neruda and Walcott
- African American Women Playwrights: A Research Guide (Critical Studies in Black Life and Culture)
- Charlotte Perkins Gilman and a Woman's Place in America (Amer Lit Realism & Naturalism)
Extra resources for A Companion to the Brontes (Blackwell Companions to Literature and Culture)
A Companion to the Brontes (Blackwell Companions to Literature and Culture) by Diane Long Hoeveler,Deborah Denenholz Morse